Meet our doulas, learn about our services, fees and packages during a complimentary initial consultation in your home or location of your choosing. During this 30 minute meeting, one of our doulas will answer your questions and go over our postpartum services. We will discuss your schedule and our availability. We bring a contract to this meeting, so if you are ready to work with us, we are ready too! The initial consultation can be done either before birth or at any time after birth.
Our doulas provide a full range of services to our postpartum clients, including:
- Newborn care & education
- Postpartum care & support
- Sibling & family introductions & education
- Breastfeeding and/or other feeding support, including using your breast pump
- Nursery/baby gear advice, including car seat installation & safety
- Babywearing advice & support (try our range of wraps/slings/carriers!)
- Cloth diaper advice & support (try our range of cloth diapers!)
- Light housekeeping and simple meal preparation
- Night time care
- Lending library & referrals
Raleigh Doula has two postpartum doulas available at a variety of times, both day and night, to meet your needs. Shifts can be scheduled in 2-4 hour increments for daytime and overnight visits are generally 8 hours. Please see our packages for rates and details. We can help you create a schedule that meets your needs and budget.
Sherrie, our dedicated postpartum doula, is available to help parents who are expecting/have a newborn with special needs, or who have an older child with special needs needing support with their new sibling. Her experience working with very young children who have special needs and their families allows her to offer exceptional support for clients. Please contact us to discuss postpartum services for families with special needs.